Feelings: 85% exhilaration and anticipation, 15% nervous at what lies ahead. That 15% is showing its might, though, in preventing sleep tonight.
The basic update on the whole shebang is that I'll primarily be setting up the study in Dhaka, and data collection will start while I'm there and continue after I return to the U.S. in August (in time for school). This is actually for the best, as there is SO much to learn in setting up a brand-new study. Plus, I'm not qualified to conduct hearing tests anyway, so much of that would have been observing audiologists and subjects in a hearing clinic (well, that's still interesting stuff... ah well). Aside from leaving what's turning out to be quite a special summer in Atlanta... it's hard to contain a big old silly smile about this! :) And, my thanks to my advisors who are really making this happen.
I'd like to hear about what is making your summer in Atlanta so special! :o)
ReplyDelete