My mom just told me I should update this more, because my grandmother will be reading (hi Grammy and Grampy!). So, I'll share with you a picture of my packing (you can see that packing light is the order of the day):
I think my hoard of Clif Bars is the heaviest thing to go! Clif Bars and a few packets of instant coffee are the only American food crutches I'm bringing -- just enough to get through the first few days, when I expect it'll be difficult to navigate my new surroundings and establish necessary habits (and clearly, my priorities in that are eating and coffee). On a packing-related note, I heard through the grapevine that monsoon season has started in Dhaka. :)
Eee, I think the mailman has arrived with my visa! Bye for now.
yay for plane tix!
ReplyDeleteHey!!! Glad you made it! I can't open your most recent post for some reason, but I can see all of your other posts. Strange. I'll have mom show me your pictures. Hope you are settling in okay and everyone has been good to you!
ReplyDelete